Merle Bombardieri invites you to learn to use your mind's own medicine.™
Compassion, optimism and humor are the hallmarks of her work. Merle is a clinical social worker, hypnotherapist and psychotherapist with over thirty years experience helping people meet their goals and enjoy life.
She has a wide repertoire of training and skills including:
- Mindfulness and Mind–Body Connections
- Behavioral Medicine — the science of mind–body connections
- Cognitive–Behavioral Psychotherapy — goal setting, positive self-talk
- Humanistic/Existential & Relational Therapy — focusing on self-discovery, the meaning of life, empathy and authenticity in relationships
- Gestalt Therapy and Psychosynthesis — hearing different inner voices, resolving conflicts among them
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy — understanding the influence of past experience and the unconscious mind
Because her training is diverse, Merle is able to appropriately blend these different approaches to achieve the results her clients want. Clients typically experience a greater sense of calm, confidence and creativity soon after working with Merle. They report improved relationships, a sense of humor and a greater sense of purpose. They learn how to attain peace of mind while coping with life’s challenges.
Merle offers coaching, consultation and supervision on all topics described at this site. She is the author of The Baby Decision, a contributor to Our Bodies Ourselves, as well as national women’s magazines, medical journals, and a Harvard Medical school textbook chapter. She has appeared on TV and radio and lectured to professionals at universities and medical schools. She is a popular seminar leader at Cambridge Center for Adult Education
In addition to the topics at this site, Merle conducts individual psychotherapy for anxiety and depression, couples psychotherapy, and family therapy. In family work, she specializes in health, transition to parenthood, and post-adoption issues. She also facilitates habit change such as mindful eating, smoking cessation, and overcoming procrastination. She collaborates with your physician (with your permission) and other relevant professionals to coordinate treatment and maximize efficiency. Please visit Merle's Biography page for more information.
Please contact Merle to discuss how she can help.